“New Compositions for Kodo Special Concert 2017 ‘Michi’: #3 Kipopo” by Mitsuru Ishizuka
New Compositions for Kodo Special Concert 2017 “Michi”: #2
Along with Shiun, which I introduced in a previous post, Maya Minowa composed this new piece for “Michi.”
This piece is like Maya: it’s happy with a cheerful, light melody and a strong taiko ensemble.
What do you think the mysterious name “Kipopo” means?
What kind of scenery will you imagine when you hear this piece?
Come along to the theater and find out for yourself!
*Cast is subject to change without notice.
Kodo Special Concert 2017 “Michi” (Japan)
- Mar. 18 (Sat), 2017 [14:00] Fussa Shimin Kaikan Dai-Hall (Mokusei Hall), Fussa, Tokyo
- Mar. 19 (Sun), 2017 [16:30] Kodaira Citizens Cultural Hall (Rune Kodaira Dai-Hall), Kodaira, Tokyo
- Mar. 20 (Mon/Public Hol.), 2017 [16:30] Ota Kumin Hall Apricot Dai-Hall, Ota Ward, Tokyo
- Mar. 25 (Sat), 2017 [13:30] Shin-Kabukiza Theater, Osaka City
- Mar. 25 (Sat), 2017 [18:30] Shin-Kabukiza Theater, Osaka City
- Mar. 26 (Sun), 2017 [13:30] Shin-Kabukiza Theater, Osaka City