Always with a smiling face and teeming with exuberance, everyone knows when Eiichi Saito is on stage. Bringing that same infectious energy to his workshops, Eichi's Kodo Juku taiko workshops have come to be the crux of his life's work. Join Eiichi on beautiful Sado for a short respite from the daily grind where you'll meet new people and experience the joy of truly playing in unison.
*Instruction is in Japanese only.
Upcoming Workshop Details
Oct. 31 (Wed) – Nov. 4 (Sun), 5 days, 4 nights
Kodo Apprentice Centre, Kakinoura, Sado, Niigata
- Eiichi Saito (Kodo) *All instruction is in Japanese and no translation is provided.
- 55,000 yen (incl. accommodation and drumsticks)
*50,000 yen for Friends of Kodo members
- Ages 15 & up (Groups of 2 or more people are not allowed)
Please note that people who reside in Japan are given priority in selection.
- 20 people
- Application Method:
- Applications are accepted by postcard only. (No email.) Please write following details on a postcard and mail it to Kodo: Full name, Postal Address, Age, Gender, Contact Email Address, Telephone Number, Occupation, Musical Background, Friends of Kodo Membership Number (if applicable), How you found out about this workshop.
Participants will be selected and results will be sent to all applicants around July 20.
- Application Address:
- 148-1 Ogi Kanetashinden, Sado, Niigata 952-0611, Japan
- Kodo Cultural Foundation Staff Ms. Chida Tel. 0259-81-4100
- Application Deadline:
- Must be postmarked by June 30 (Sat)
Kodo Cultural Foundation
"Kodo Juku: Eiichi Saito's Taiko Workshop"
Kodo Village, 148-1 Ogi Kanetashinden, Sado, Niigata 952-0611, Japan
Please include your name and contact telephone number (with country & area codes) with your inquiry, as sometimes a reply by email is not possible due to system errors. Thank you.